Mouth ulcer

I have a large ulcer in my mouth which is causing me a lot of pain and distress. It is on the inner cheek next to the gums. It has been there for the last 3-4 days. I'm having a lot of difficulty in eating and drinking. Please suggest a remedy which can soothe the pain and also make the ulcer go away quickly.

Doctor Answers (5) on Mouth ulcer

Dr. Ramya. M.R Kolar | Dentist
Ulcers generally take 1-2weeks to heal completely. recurrent ulcers can be due to local mouth conditions such as rough teeth surface or rough mouth appliances or dentures n cheek bites. It can also b due to General nutrtional deficiency, digestion prob, work pressure n stressful lifestyle etc. Certain bacterial n viral infections also cause ulcers. Treatment: start on multivitamin tabs( contains vitamin c too ) n iron supplements if ur hb% levels r low. Apply dologel oral ointment on ulcers thrice daily. Avoid spicy n oily food, alcohol, tea n coffee. Drink plenty of water n hv fibrous foods. Visit dentist to rule out oral factors responsible for ulcers.
Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hey there ...you can apply pansoral gel 3-4 times daily...Take vitamin B capsule once daily ...and if possible u can also apply powder of capsule locally over the ulcer for immediate relief...drink lots of water.. Eat fruits rich in vitamin C like oranges, lemon amla etc.
Apply trioplast ointment over it and forget about it
Hi...drink at least five litres of water. Apply pansoral gel six to eight times on ulcer. Take Capsule Lycostar one each after dinner for seven days. Regards
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..you can apply mucopain oral gel 15min before you eat. It will help in reducing the pain and burning sensation. Avoid any sort of spicy food and oily foods for the next few days till the ulcer heals. Also oral ulcers usually heal by themselves within a week. However if it keeps recurring or doesn't heal even after 1 week, then consult a dermatologist who will look for the cause of the ulcer(nutritional deficiency, herpes, etc) and treat accordingly.