Mid back pain-right side

I did swimming and played volleyball 3 days ago.I think i have over streched my mid back muscle on the right side.i have tried muscle relaxant ointment and hot bag,but the pain still persists.I feel pain if i take a deep breath. I have noticed that the muscle which is strained is not superficial.i could not feel pain when i tried to massage it.i feel pain when i try to twist my torso or when i try to bend over to pick some from floor. Please help me with some excercise or any muscle relaxant. Thanks in advance

Doctor Answers (2) on Mid back pain-right side

Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Apply Hot Fomentation twice daily. Avoid bending in front. Postural Correction- Sit Tall, Walk Tall. Extension Exercises x 15 times x twice daily - lying on tummy, take left arm up for 3 seconds, then bring it down, right arm up for 3 seconds, bring down. Bring right leg up, hold for 3 seconds, bring it down. Then right leg up and hold for 3 seconds and bring it down. Repeat twice a day- 10 times. Bhujang Asana -- Lie flat on your stomach, keeping the palms out, bend the neck backward, take a deep breath and while holding it for 6 seconds, raise the chest up. Release breath and relax your body. Repeat the exercise 15 times twice daily. Core Strengthening Exercises- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day.
You might have sustained an Intercostal muscle sprain ( stretch of the muscle between the ribs) following a sudden twist in the chest. The pain is usually noticed with movement or activities like breathing, coughing. It is usually a self limiting condition and mostly take 2 to 8 weeks to get better depending on the severity of injury.
Take adequate rest, apply ice / cold compress to the area, do slow stretching exercises and deep breathing exercises. You can take simple oral painkillers and muscle relaxants for few days.
If the pain is getting worse or experiencing difficulty in breathing consult your local doctor.