Memory problem

Now a days I forget many things. Especially I forget the names of people and sometimes faces also. Even the person I met few minutes before, I can not remember his/her name. This problem I am facing since 2 months. That is why I am feeling uncomfortable at the work place because people assume that I purposely try to avoid them or I am arrogant. How to cure this problem. Please guide. Thank you.

Dr. Trupti Vedpathak
Addiction Psychiatrist 9 yrs exp Pune

To retain information in your memory, processes involved are- attention, storing in your memory centre & ability to recall it back when required. If there is any problem in the above process, then you may have memory disturbances. Causes for the same can be multiple - inattention, brain disease, vitamin deficiencies, medical causes,hormonal disturbances, depression, anxiety. At the age of 39 yrs, serious brain disease is unlikely unless there is high bp, diabetes, lipid problem or family history. Please visit a doctor who can conduct memory tests, investigations & accordingly treat it.