Want to forget my boyfrie

I had a relationship with my boyfriend for 1 year..and last year Dec he broke up..I am not able to overcome from him..I am not finding any negative point of him which I can use to hate him or forget him.. And I know I will not b able to forget him in coming 3 years even.. Please help me..

Doctor Answers (5) on Want to forget my boyfrie

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
May I know the reason for ur breakup??
If u feel he doesn't hv a negative points what if he would left you for the same?!!
Have you ever analysed what was the reason behind his behaviour?!!
I think if can share with someone close to you it might be helpful!!
Also if u feel  that u can't,  better visit a Psychological Counsellor and hv clarity.
I don't know what general physicians are doing, giving illogical clueless advise to a lady suffering from depressive symptoms. One says a psychologist will treat depression and the other says you require counseling and medications will solve your problem. Its like ' if some is suffering from chest pain, how ridiculous it would be to advice him to go to a physiotherapist or massage center or advicing him Heart bypass surgery or giving him pain killers to solve his ' problem'.
Physicians don't read psychiatry though they are supposed to and spread illogical misconceptions and wrong advice.

You should go to a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist, get assessed and if you are diagnosed with depressive illness, take appropriate treatment as advised.
Very few handful psychiatrists are trained in textbook defined Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. So if you are an ideal candidate for psychotherapy after you have been assessed and diagnosed, kindly confirm the training of the therapist.
Advise to doctors and physicians, kindly don't give advise to poor suffering patients, if you are not qualified and trained. Your incorrect and half trained knowledge will get exposed.

visit a psychiatrist or a clinical psychologist for assessment.
talk about her feelings to a family member or an understanding friend. try to do group activities like exercising, cycling, meditation etc.
The first negetive thing is he broke up... second is u r going out of focus... , so try to start some physical exercise and swimming... then consult doctor for assesment of depression... best wishes
Dr. R K Suri Delhi | General Physician
You must consult psychologist for treatment of your depression, cognitive behavior therapy is suggested
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Consult nearest psychiatrist as you require detailed counseling session and you may require medications to solve your problems as many things can't be discussed in forum like this...With that fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...have good sleep and develop healthy food habits..good luck