Memory and concentration

I have been suffering from mood disorder for last 5-6 years. Loss of interest and enthusiasm Are the common symptoms but i ignored that for years, but then i consulted psychiatrists and they told that it is a mild depression and prescribed some anti depressant. Until now my mind was working well but as i took these medicines they tend to increase my problem regarding memory, concentration, thinking and Also worsened the depression. I consulted many doctors and they gave different medicine, but my problem gets worse day by day and now i feel absent minded and unable to remember the things, mind is totally unattaentive and i am unable to perform and operation including my studies due to mental confusion.kindly tell me what can i do now and what is the problem currently and is there any treatment for this problem.

Doctor Answers (1) on Memory and concentration

Dr. Amit Jagtiani Agra | Psychiatrist
Memory and attention problems could be a part of your depressive illness. I am not sure how long u took treatment from psychiatrists, how much your depression improved. There is a possibility that your illness is progressing due to inadequate treatment. I would suggest that you get evaluated thoroughly by a good psychiatrist.