Low weight & High Metabol

I have high metabolism problem and due to this i am unable to gain weight even after having good diet. I came to know about Thyroid gland that controls metabolism, is there any way to make gland controlled, so the metabolism.
views-icons 41 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Low weight & High Metabol

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
U need 18 KGS muscle gain .foods only can help to gain weight u don't need to control gland or something. I can help with 4-5 KGS muscle gain in month
Ms. Bipasha Das Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi
I understand your concern. Choose meals which are rich in calories to remain filled. Include food like nuts, seeds, fruits, combination of food like smoothies, porridge, khichdi, sattu+oats in milk, etc.
Consume foods belonging like cauliflower, brussels sprouts, peanuts, cabbage, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, turnips, spinach, etc. which contain goitrogens. Goitrogens help block the ability of thyroid to use iodine and hence slows down the activity of the thyroid. Hope it helps.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.... Have six meals in a day – three big meals and three small. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner should be heavy and calorie-rich. A heavy dinner adds weight to your body as your metabolism is not as active when you sleep as compared to when you are awake.... Eat - Eggs, lean meat, fish, pulses, sprouts, and dairy products that rich sources of proteins. Fish such as tuna and mackerel are rich in oil and are one of the best ways to increase weight....