Low RBC count

My mother's CBC test shows low RBC count while other tests like folic acid, iron, and Vitamin B12 came normal. Can you please suggest what could be the cause and what should I do next? Which specialist should I consult with? Test results are attached as image. Thanks a lot.

Hello There. I can understand your concern. Either the blood reports are wrong or there is something wrong with your mother. I would suggest you get the test repeated from a good reputed and certified lab for accurate results. also you haven't attached the b12 reports in the image, better to get that done as well. Kindly consult a MD consultant physician in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 2 yrs exp Hyderabad
We must consider that the increase of cellular volume as well as of cellular Hb content (MCH) are the pathophysiological attempt to compensate the decreased RBC production due to reduced B12 availability. The total hemoglobin begins to decrease when the increase in MVC and MCH cannot more balance the reduction of RBC number. Your b12 may be on lower side of normal,i assume as u did not attach report. Simple diet modification of taking egg white will solve it. Also Get a peripheral smear done.
Dr. Pankaj Kumar
General Physician 10 yrs exp Delhi
It seems reporting is wrong... You must repeat it from reputed NABL lab in your city and share it again with me... All d best..