Low amniotic fluid in 9mn
Hi experts! I am going through the problem of low amniotic fluid index (AFI) and it's 10cm.my gynaecologist has suggested me to drink lots of water. My friend told me that she also faced the same problem and her doctor told her to take L - Arginine granules ARGIGEST by which her AFI increased to the expected level. But my doctor has advised me anything like that. What should I do. Should I take it without any prescription. Because if my AFI doesn't increase then my doctor will admit me before my due date which 27 July. And I don't want c-section as my rest of reports are normal.

Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
Infertility Specialist 12 yrs exp Pune

there is no harm to take arginine though afi10 is not an indication to have any intervention unless babys bld flow showing some signs of abnormality,which can be seen on doppler studies...so kindly do doppler, and lscs decision is solely depend upon baby condition through out labour...please have afaith in a doctor so that she can make desicion of normal or lscs according the condition
Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Pune

YOU HAVE BEEN MISGUIDED. AFI OF 10 CM IS QUITE NORMAL. YES IDEALLY YOU SHOULD BE DRINKING 3 LIT OF WATER PER DAY BUT THEN AFI ABOVE 6 IS NORMAL AND THERE IS NO NEED FOR ANY INTERVENTION
Dr. Aaditi Acharya Sharma
Gynecologist 11 yrs exp Delhi

Yes you can take argipreg satchets. Afi 10 is normal not low