Low amniotic fluid index
Hi all.i m 36 week pregnant. Yesterday I went for doppler test where I got to know that I have Low AFI which is 10 cm only. Today I have shown my report to my gynaecologist. She has not prescribed by any medicine. Just told me to drink lots of water and take rest. My due date is 27 July. One of my friend suggested me to haveL - Arginine granules ARGIGEST.is it safe to hv this without my doctor 's prescription. How can I increase my amniotic fluid index? Please help

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Pune

10 cm is normal. At term the AFI usually decreases. There is no harm in taking argin. Take 3 litres if water daily