High amniotic fluid
I am 30 weeks pregnant and my fluid is little high. The sugar test I had before 2 weeks was normal. How critical is this? Wat could be the reason? Please help

Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
Infertility Specialist 13 yrs exp Pune

Just follow advice from your gynac... Proper fetal and your monitoring is necessary for healthy pregnancy...
Dr. Chetan Maandhakar
Gynecologist 8 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Amniotic fluid is measured in AFI means  Amniotic Fluid Index which is measured in sonography by your consultant in each of four quadrants of abdomen. If it's 10-15 it's OK. So correlate your AFI. Ask your sonologist to rule out renal and cardiac anomalies. If they are normal than it will not much harmful to fetus. Some special care you should take as increased liquor may cause discomfort to you in later weeks of pregnancy. At the time of delivery or before leaking waters should be taken care to avoid sudden decompression of uterus. Hoping that you've understood properly. Thanks.