Lost Interest In Work

Have lost interest in my work and business. Have trouble waking up out of bed and doing anything. The day only seems to kickstart if I wake up, and attend an exercise class. Otherwise, I don't feel the urgency to begin my day and do productive work. I had always loved my work and wanted to be the best, but now I don't even feel any inclination towards it. This has been on - and off for a few months and is affecting my productivity. For a few days, I'm ok as I get my exercise and routine going, but then I drop off. Will therapy help in my situation? Should I come and visit you? Your consulting sessions are only 20 min long but I'm not sure if I can explain it all in that time. Can I book multiple of them? At least 45 minutes? Thanks.

Doctor Answers (4) on Lost Interest In Work

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,
Certainly psychotherapy can help you.
My sessions are for 1 hour duration.
Feel free to contact for further assistance
Wishes
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Definitely counselling  /Therapy  will give u more clarity.
I'm  sure u would hv tried everything possible.  The counsellor may not be saying something out of world. Still they know what to say to motivate you.
None of the sessions get over in 15 min.
The booking slots  are programmed like that for all the Dr's in general.

Once u visit a Psychologist  I am
sure they will listen to completely.

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Therapy would certainly help in your case. You have taken the right call by considering it however you as well seem to carry a misconception about the way it's conducted. One session usually lasts from about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Therapy shall go on for as long as you need (Could last for more than 1 session, where consecutive sessions come with a gap for you to practically apply & evaluate the understanding).

You have been observing a drop in motivation to get up & start your day. You already are applying a solution which is partially functional/effective. Right now the need is to understand the cause of dropped motivation & to take steps to curb the same.

We all need a drive/reason to get up & start our day. It could be the people in our life, aspirations, compulsion or a goal that drives us. We are different with different set of needs driving us. There are times when situations in one's life doesn't match his core needs hence affecting his motivation level.

Please go ahead with the planned consultation & do not give up till you bring back your life on a moving track...again. Good Luck..!!

Varsha B G Bangalore | Psychiatrist
From your description I think you are feeling low and has loss of interest in your work. This might be symptoms of depression. So consulting nearby Psychiatrist and getting evaluated is the best thing. Certainly therapy would help.You can meet me too. Sufficient time would be given to listen to you and help you out.
continue doing exercises if it is helping you.