Loose front tooth

I brushed my teeth last night and went to sleep and it was all fine then. Since I woke up this morning, one of the front tooth in the lower jaw feels loose and pains a lot when it touches something ( like upper teeth). I usually brush twice a day and never had this before. What could be the reason? And how bad can it be?

Doctor Answers (2) on Loose front tooth

Hi. It could be a periodontitis affecting gums. This is a silent problem which is usually experienced as a loose tooth in later years. Visit dentist for best possible solution. Regards
Hello. . There can be multiple reasons for this kind of a problem. Most common is accidentally biting on something hard. But to zero in on the cause of the problem, a check up is necessary. So I would suggest that you visit a dentist for a thorough check up and the necessary treatment which can be decided only after clinical examination. Take care.