Lichen planus

My friend suffers from lichen planus as she has her feet & legs covered in those spots. We are clue less to where it can be treated and properly as the last time she went for a diagnosis her doctor gave her steroids meant for leprosy patients. I can see her in discomfort because of that. Although it's not contagious but the stigma around its appearance makes it hard for her to stay normal and comfortable. Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Doctor Answers (1) on Lichen planus

Greetings.! Steroids meant for leprosy patients ?!!! My dear patient. Are you one of those who likes to Google prescriptions and dig out details that you wouldn't understand. However, I think I know what you are talking about. Since you brought it up let me tell you, you may be mentioning dapsone. This is not a steroid. This is used in leprosy - yes. This is useful in lichen planus - yes. Any harm in taking it - no - if u take it as prescribed under due monitoring. So please follow up with a qualified dermatologist. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards.