Lichen planus in mouth

Pl tell me how to cure lichen planus and will it spread in other parts of my body ? If yes then tell me which are the areas where it can attack.

Doctor Answers (3) on Lichen planus in mouth

Hi.. lichen planus is often localized. It rarely spreads. It is often seen in body wherever there is mocal lining. No need to worry ,its not harmful.

Regards

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
Lichen planus is an autoimmune disease wherein the body's immunity starts attacking its own cells...... this cannot be completely cured but medications are available which can keep the manifestations of the disease to the minimum and improve your lifestyle..... you cannot actually stop its progression to other parts of the body because the cells that are responsible for it are already circulating in every blood vessel of your body...... I hope the diagnosis was made on the basis of the report of a biopsy....... if not, get a biopsy done for the confirmatory diagnosis so that the right treatment can be instituted after that.... Regards.....
Dr. Ketan Garg Nagpur | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
Lichen planus is a systemic condition... It will take lot of nutritional supplements to correct the imbalance.
It won't spread to other parts unless you are too ignorant.