Oral lichen planus
I have white spots on my lips and mouth for more than 6 years, some times burning and itching occurs and it is spreading. Some times mouth ulcers are arising. I consulted allopathic doctors, they said it is oral lichen planus. What's it actually and what's the reason for the disease? Was there any danger? What treatment I want to take? And is it curable? Is it a symptom of oral cancer?

Dr. Puja Bansal
Dentist 18 yrs exp Pune

hello, you need to consult an oral surgeon.
Dr. N Srinivas
Dentist 16 yrs exp Hyderabad

Lichen planus is autoimmune disorder which can be symptomatically treated to some extent.visit nearby dentist for clinical examination and subsequent treatment plan.
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J
Dental Surgeon 17 yrs exp Bangalore

Oral lichen planus is considered an autoimmune condition and is bound to cause intermittent episodes of flare ups. I have written an an article on Practo HealthFeed on auto immunity, you can read the same. Reason why is still a big question? It's not completely curable, but there could be dietary components, diet which could trigger it so be watchful. It's definitely not a symptom of cancer. You can seek alternative medicine therapy like Ayurveda or homeopathy which are found to be promising in the recent years.
Dr. Dinesh B Rathod
Dentist 9 yrs exp Navi Mumbai
LP is an precancerous condition caused do to the autoimmune reaction towards component of BM (skin/oral mucous membrane).  It can be diagnosed by sign and symptoms, typical clinical appearance, biopsy for confirmation required because many oral lesions presents similar clinical picture.
Consult a oral pathologist.