Lichen planus

I have this disease from last 15 -17 years..and im 19 yrs ....i have visted many specialist...but it comes again and again after i stop medicine... i wnt to know ...permanent treatment is possible or not or tell me the best way to overcvome this prblm....when i look in mirror..my body ..uff i cant express...im very depressd

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Hi. It is a immune system mediated skin disease which can be brought into remission by certain medications and life style changes. Now its believed to be a multi system disorder involving different organ systems. A proper assessment to determine the severity of lichen planus is needed. Most of the patients do well if they stick to the recommendations. A thorough approach is needed to sure the problem. Kindly see a dermatologist for a treatment plan and for removing spots.