Lichen Planus

Doctor I have been suffering from a disease called lichen planus from past 2 or 3 years. I tial my body marks were less and got treated with steroid medications and resulted with huge hair fall along with the patches. Also after taking that medication the marks became dark in colour and got stopped also with 3 months of treatment. After some time it appeared again and then went to Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon where she gave oral treatment with no steroid only my ointment has steroid Halox. Have done all the diagnosis where I have no thiroid and Diabetes. Am wondering about the marks on body although they will lighten up a bit over a period of but and I want to remove it completely so can I use laser technology to remove those marks? My doctor suggested me to go pealing before laser. Would you recommend this??

Doctor Answers (1) on Lichen Planus

Hi. Greetings. Yes I agree with your doctor. You could go for a trail of topical treatment and peels before trying laser treatment. Also it's important to understand that the disease is not active or else there may be further darkening or extension of pigmentation despite peels or laser treatment. Hope this helps.