Leg curl pain

Male,31. I feel pain in my upper lateral side of calf muscles after doing leg curl with weight in gym. It pains after work out and remains there for 2 ,3 days. Leg curl is for hamstrings then why does it pain in my calf?

Doctor Answers (2) on Leg curl pain

Dr. Badrinath Prathi Delhi | Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Hi. Are you carrying any pains / Aches / Stiffness in any of your daily / recreational activities like walk/ jog? Squats? or any history of injuries? There are fewer reasons to feel pain if tissues,  joint and movements are normal. Firstly, Try with good Form and Relevant Load. ( We don't know about your Fitness / Exercise profile). If, still doesn't Subside,  opt for Consultation.
Dr. Deepak Sikka (P.T) Delhi | Physiotherapist
The reasons are so many. I explain here some of them. But what is the exact reason for ur condition is a question of examination which will answer after the detailed examination. ●In hemstring curl the weight bearing area is generally the lower thigh so the calf muscle works eccentrical. ●During hemstring curl most of the peoples do planter flexion along with curling. Planter flexion is the action of calf. ●Ur underlying fascia May be taught and causes myofascial pain. These are some reasons but exact reason explained only after examination as I told earlier.