Lack of sleep, anger

After the birth of first special child, settled in mysore for specialized treatment at Indian institute of speech and hearing. So far no progress achived during 14 years of Treatment

Doctor Answers (2) on Lack of sleep, anger

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Definitely it is a draining task to look after and take care of a specialised child.
There  will be some changes in that child,  may be very negligible which is not up to your expectancy.
Parents of special also require counselling session for not only to deal and handle the children . It is also required for themselves to get  motivated and enthusiastic  to dace the life and the challenges of being a special child's parent.
Do consult a Counsellor in your city and learn to handle your  emotions better.
Dr. Satish Ramaiah Bangalore | Addiction Psychiatrist
I am guessing you are enquiring about your own sleep and anger problems because of your child's issues? I understand having a special child and dealing with other stresses in life can be quite overwhelming at times. These stresses can expose our vulnerability and result in some automatic negative thoughts, emotions and behavior like depression, anxiety, anger, sleep problems etc. You need first of get some help so that you get time for yourself for relaxation. Also practice other positive lifestyle changes like yoga, meditation, healthy eating and sleep hygiene. Read my blog on www.mindcarebangalore.com about sleep. Read and practice mindfulness. Start taking things as a matter of fact and get present to your emotions and don't fight with emotions.