Knock knees

I am suffering from knock knee. Sometimes I feel an acute pain in my knees such that it makes me incapable to stand or walk. Is there any way to get it right without any surgical measures.

Doctor Answers (3) on Knock knees

Saurabh Bhalla Delhi | Occupational Therapist
Yes, by providing a modified footwear this can be achieved. adding some stretchings will yield in excellent result. Also orthosis can be given.Depending upon the severity of the condition what shall be given would be decided. All 3 will have results. Orthotist> Occupational Therapist > Occupational Therapist / physiotherapist ORTHOSIS > SHOE modification > stretching (Concerned Person ) (for Alternative(s)) Reducing Weight will also be helpful
Chose an advice Alternative of surgery, And Follow it.
ReSPECT PAIN, and DO NOT KEEP ON LINGERING THE MATTER AS THAT WILL CAUSE MORE HARM TO KNEE and finally to SPINE AFFECTING BODY POSTURE AND BIOMECHANICS .STAY HEALTHY
Dr. Rupak Chatterjee Nagpur | Pediatric Orthopedist
Sir, if the knock knees are not causing much cosmetic problem to you then it is less likely to be a cause of pain at your age. Kindly consult an orthopedic surgeon to determine the true cause of your pain and its management.
Dr. Farahna Tejani Mumbai | Clinical Physiotherapist
Hello.
Yes. First the extent of the knock knees needed to be assessed by an orthopaedic doctor and a physiotherapist who specialises in musculoskeletal issues.
After which exercises and life style modification can be suggested and revised periodically.