Knee problem while runnin
Hello, I have high cholesterol and hence was advised to reduce weight and exercise. I like running and hence I generally tend to run for 20 mins on the treadmill. But my knee starts making sounds, sometimes I also half problem in half squats. Theres a knocking sound whenever I bend my knees, that's ofcourse is something which I have since a very long time. Kindly suggest how to deal with this knee problem? Best regards, Subhendu Mahapatra

Dr. Parag Patil
Orthopedic Surgeon 11 yrs exp Yavatmal

Being overweight, running is not a good exercise for you as is jogging or skipping. Impact activities will erode your cartilage, that vital coating over the bones of the joint quicker. Instead try walking/cycling/swimming. Avoid activities like sitting cross-legged or squatting as these load the joint too. Occasional clicking sound is okay as long as you don't have pain.
Dr. Vikas Ellur
Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon 9 yrs exp Bangalore
You may have issue with knee cartilage. Better to consult orthopaedic surgeon.