Knee problem

I m suffering from pain in knee from last 3-4 months. Especially when I jog,brisk walk or use stairs. I have consulted orthopaedics but it's of no relief. I have high cholesterol problem also.

Doctor Answers (5) on Knee problem

Dr. Rajesh Pal Gurgaon | Physiotherapist
Hi
This could be because of patello -femoral arthritis which is wear and tear of joint.
You visit to a good physiotherapist and learn exercise and do it regularly. Must reduce your body weight. Avoid sitting on floor, stairs and jumping for a period of 3 months.
plz visit some physiotherapist to get some Ideas about exercises some times medication may not work without proper coverage with exercises,, that should resolve your problem!
Dr. Rahul chepuri Hyderabad | Pediatric Physiotherapist
Hi there! There are multiple causes in knee pain? Is it a soft tissue type of pain or bony involvement?  If it is soft tissue type : apply hot pack thrice  a day for 10 days  and whenever you are on weight bearing I.e walking or jogging please wear knee supports hope it works well: thanks:)
Dr. Rajat Jangir Jaipur | Orthopedist
Your symptims are of anteror knee pain. At your age might be due to patelofemoral osteoarthritis. Where the cartilage of the patela or femur degenerates , also there might be associated muscle weakness . You need proper clinical assessment of your knee. You might require xrays and MRI scan Of your knee. Physiotherapy life style modifications some medications will alleviate your pain, before that you need proper assessment by knee specialist.
Dr. Paras Bhat Noida | Joint Replacement Surgeon
Have you got an X-ray of the affected knee done?
See pain in the knee in absence of any injury is usually due to the setting of osteoarthritis i.e wearing out of the cartilage covering of the knee joint. The pain should usually respond to a course of NSAIDs and physiotherapy. However long term benefit will be achieved through modification of lifestyle and posture habits; weight loss, avoiding postures and activities which stress the knee joint like sitting cross legged or squatting and avoiding excessive use of staircases. Quadriceps exercise is a must do, it will benefit not only by alleviating the pain but also by modifying the course of the disease. You should get a few sessions of physiotherapy which should also involve the aforesaid exercises. However be on the lookout for following symptoms;-
1.Locking of the knee joint
2.Instability
3.Redness and swelling around the knee.
In case of such symptoms, I would advise a review with your orthopaedician, preferably a knee specialist.