Knee problem

My mother is 50 years old lady and her knee is occurring problem from last 5 years although we have got treatment Ayurveda, Homeopathic after relieve for some it still paining again more than before. I think we need knee replacement as i heard about it it the last and very useful option for knees problems. Kindly advise. Thanks

Doctor Answers (3) on Knee problem

Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Advice... Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).
Dr. Amol Kadu Nagpur | Orthopedist
total knee replacement is the gold standard tretment for arthritis of knee. but it depends on stage and severity of arthritis. if arthritis is mild, conservative treatment can help. medial compartment arthritis can be treated with partial knee replacements well. so ,consult an orthopaedic surgeon to decide the treatment modality.
Dr. R S Nair (PT) Delhi | Clinical Physiotherapist
The patient appears to be suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee which is in simple terms wear & tear changes generally linked to age. I presume the xrays have been done to confirm the same. Physiotherapy is beneficial in such cases to reduce pain & stiffness. Long term management would involve regular exercise regime to strengthen the quadriceps & hamstring group of muscles & lifestyle changes linked to ADL's or activities of daily living to reduce load onto the knee joint. It is also imperative to make sure that weight is maintained or reduced as per the body composition of the patient. TKR or total knee replacement is to be considered depending on the severity of joint erosion in the x ray findings.