Knee pain problem
My Mother is having knee pain from long.She took injection in knee so in one leg pain is less but in another still pain is there .Doctor is asking to go for knee operation.So I want to know if operation is really required or any other way is there to solve the issue

Dr. Isha Mehta
Physiotherapist 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi!! Directly operation is not advisable.. According to her age also..operation has its own limitations and benefits..physiotherapy is required..it takes little time but gives good result..at least u can prolong time phase for operation satisfactorily..if the condition is that bad.
Dr. Anuradha Sharma (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Noida

Do physiotherapy treatment and quadriceps exercise best for ur mother
Dr. Rajiv Mehta (PT)
Physiotherapist 18 yrs exp Delhi

Before deciding of operation u must try physiotherapy from a good qualified and registered physiotherapist nearby it will surely help. Know us more at www drrajivmehta com
Dr. Harisha N L

It's difficult to suggest with out clinical examination and investigations...Most probable cause at this age is osteoarthritis... It's a degenerative bone disease...There’s no cure for osteoarthritis as yet, but there are a number of treatments that can help ease symptoms and reduce the chances arthritis becoming worse...options are analgesics, NSAIDs,intraosseous steroid injection and hyaluronic acid injections,Physiotherapy like strengthening exercises etc ... Treatment depends upon the stage...I would suggest you to consult nearest orthopedic surgeon they will do the needful.
Dr. Suchita K Taparia
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 7 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello sir ..don't go directly for operation. reduced your mother weight start regular basis physiotherapy..its take time but give you satisfactory results as compared to operation...because operation cames with losts of compilation...thanks