Knee pain by an accident

2 months earlier i faced with an accident while got up an auto rikshaw i step up my leg inside the auto and my left knee hit with the seat-rod.that time i feel a deep pain in my knee and i cannot bend my leg for few minutes.i was feeling as if my knee locked but taking a rest beside the footpath for few minutes then i was able to walk in slow motion and came to my home and give some ice to that place and feeling some relief after few hours.then next day i cannot feel any pain on my knee.but after passing 2 months now i feel some internal pain on the same place (bearable) sometimes, though it does not create any problem when i walk but a soft pain i fell when i am sitting in a place for a long time either in a bed or a chair.so please suggest me what should i do?

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain.
Dr. Priyanka Bhati
Physiotherapist 16 yrs exp Faridabad

Hello friend As you described your pain is deep and gives trouble sometimes. It might be some soft tissue injury like ligament or tissues around your knee. So please visit a good orthopaedic doctor to rule out the exact cause of your problem. Without proper investigations treatment of any sort will be like taking a chance.
Saurabh Bhalla
Occupational Therapist 5 yrs exp Delhi
As per your description of the events that took place, at present if your knee bothers you sometimes and not Every Time then you must do a careful look as to what are the movements that cause you the trouble, Possibly it could be a meniscal injury that took place and which now is causing trouble, consider changing your footwear to a more comfortable shoes with cushioning , which might help you reduce pain. and Of course to know the exact cause the knee has to be examined thoroughly and by a specialist. As I can see that you are a software professional your job involves long period of sitting and as a normal human tendency we bend our knee so much inwards that our meniscus (the cushion in knee) often tend to get injured by too much bending of the knee joint. make sure that your knee makes a 90 degree angle and does not go beyond it i.e you can straighten up your leg , use a foot rest but do not bend your knee too much (which imitates the near to squatting position) avoid squatting too.
consider the Workstyle changes and , also change in your footwear. consult Occupational Therapist . and if required visit orthopedic
SMALLER ISSUES CAUSE BIG TROUBLE, consider it as a priority. STAY HEALTHY
Dr. Satish Reddy Gandavarapu
Orthopedist 22 yrs exp Hyderabad
Knee joint is fairly complex. Other than bones, it has many important structures inside, like cartilage and ligaments. These are not visible on xrays also. If pain persists after 2 months, it is time to consult a good orthopaedic surgeon, who on clinical examination can come to a reasonable conclusion, whether to wait further or to get diagnositc tests done. It is difficult to give an opinion based on the information provided.
Meet an orthopaedic surgeon