Knee pain after jogging.

Hello Doctor, I was basically a lazy guy and never exercised before, but from last 25 days i have started jogging 2 kms daily. Started from 1 km though. After few initial days i had muscle pain which got over in few days but since 3 or 4th day of jogging i have pain in my knees. Asking other runners they said its normal and would be fine in a month. Its almost 25 days but the pain is still there. Applying volini and crep bandage relieves upto a point but not fully. The pain occurs only while movement, walking or climbing. Is it due to the activity i have taken and will reduce with time or should i go and consult a doctor.

Doctor Answers (2) on Knee pain after jogging.

Dr. Shipra Kumari (PT) Kolkata | Clinical Physiotherapist
It can be temporary pain. I would suggest you to visit a physiotherapist who can assess your knee and you have to tell them your feet is in correct shoe. I believe shoe correction would be the remedy. Along with regular prescribed exercises and SWD/IFT have to be taken. https://www.facebook.com/drshipraphysio/
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, as other runners said its temporary pain which subsides over a period of time .This pain is due to stress to your muscle . Your muscles are not adjusted for this work load . Since pain is persistent ,quit running for few days and see if pain vanishes .You there is swelling , local tenderness in your joint then you have to x Ray the joint and consult orthopedic surgeon.