Knee joint pains

I have got joint pain in my knees since one year and once I visited orthopaedic and he advised me to do some exercise but it is of no use

Doctor Answers (5) on Knee joint pains

Dr. Anuradha Sharma Noida | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
A check up of vit d and calcium levels and if exercise doesn't work then avoid all exercise tk physiotherapy treatment for 10 days avoid long standing
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).  
Dr. Isha Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello sir,.there are many causes for knee pain and symptoms aggrevate with time..your daily activities and lifestyle ..all counts..so it has to b evaluated thoroughly whether any anatomical changes in structure or your posture which causes and than it can be concluded for diagnosis and hence upto mark exercises..so it would be better if you go to any Physio and than after learn all ergonomics , stretching , strengthening exercises for long term good prognosis.
Dr. Prashant Singh Noida | Physiotherapist
Hello!..... Pain in the knee maybe have many reasons like working habits, age of the person, lack of exercise, weakness of the knee joint muscles, swelling in the knees etc. Strengthening of knee joint muscles will help in most of the cases. Visit to any physiotherapy department nearby you take some physiotherapy sessions and learn exercises for knee joint from him/her. Re-commanded exercises are:- 1.Quadriceps muscle (front thigh muscle) strengthening; 2.Hamstring muscle (back thigh muscle) stretching; 3.Calf muscle stretching; 4.When pain lower down or subsides, start doing morning walk for around 40-45 min. daily.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there....., pain in the knee can be caused by weakness, instability, or excess forces due to activity.... Knee pain is a common symptom in people of all ages.... Knee pain has several causes.... Strengthening the muscles around your knee will make it more stable...rest and immobilize your knee for a period of time....Consider pain relieving medications for few days...