Jaws problm

I feel difficulty in closing my mouth as my upper jaw and lower jaw not in straight line i think i need orthognathic surgery

Doctor Answers (8) on Jaws problm

Difficulty in closing mouth can be because of many reasons.it is better to get the proper diagnosis by proper investigations then we should come to conclusion about the treatment plan. Generally orthognathic surgery is done in severe cases. My suggestion is to get the X-ray and scan done before getting the treatment.
Regards,
Dr Vishal Jain
Vitaldent
Faridabad
visit your orthodontist.for best treatment
Orthognathic Surgery is usually done in severe cases of misalignment of jaws. Minor problems can also be corrected braces treatment following extraction of teeth called premolars. Final decision can only be made based on detailed analysis of the severity of the problem. I suggest you to visit any orthodontist nearby for proper assessment and treatment.
Hi.. undergo braces coupled with orthognathic surgery. Visit a Orthodontist. Regards
May be a dentist can decide. sometimes just a simple treatment solves issue. so consult and find what best options available and then decide accordingly
Dr. Kamini Singh Noida | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
Please don't reach to a conclusion like orthognathic surgery without visiting any dentist.

Visiting an orthodontist will help you and you will be able to remove all your doubts once and for all.

Dr. Himani S Khandelwal Gurgaon | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
Orthodontists are the specialist in teeth straightening. If your jaw bone is not in good shape you may require orthognathic surgery. And if there is problem in teeth alignment , regular braces will work good.
It is good to know the terms like orthognathic surgery, but please don't arrive to such a conclusion and let that be a doctor's decision...... without evaluating the case clinically and examining the xrays, it will be difficult to devise a treatment plan for you..... the main concern that you have mentioned is that you are not able to close your mouth properly most likely that can be even corrected without orthognathic surgery through orthodontic treatment..... please post your clinical pictures as well as 2 X-rays called as OPG and lateral cephalogram.....
Regards.....