Jaws getting locked
Jaws getting locked after getting up.it happens almost everyday when I get up in the mornings and also when I have naps in the afternoons..please help me solve this problem

Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 22 yrs exp Davanagere

Hello, You may be having a TMJ problem,either with the muscles attached to them or the disc per se. You need to see a dentist who will advise you to either start with some physiotherapy exercises of the jaw,may advise some muscl relaxants and ask for few x-rays. Regards Dr Suman Makam Dental Arts Bangalore Jayanagar
Dr. Mayank Shah
Prosthodontist 8 yrs exp Allahabad

Visit your dentist to know the reason of lock jaw.....may be muscle spasm or some TMJ disorder Initially u can try with muscle relaxant(myospaz th or flexbenz plus or any) before you sleep.If not cured you might have to wear protective guards or appliances
Dr. Deepika Vadhar
Dentist 21 yrs exp Mumbai

Jaws getting locked is a sign of some teeth alignment disorder or stress or jaw joint problem. Please consult your dentist, he/she might advise an xray followed by an appliance that you will have to wear at night.  hopefully that will solve your problem
Dr. Rahul Prakash
Dentist 12 yrs exp Ranchi
Well u have to visit a dentist as soon as possible but before that u can do a warm saline gargle ,  try to move ur lower jaw in all the four directions for 30 sec &  rest for 30 sec.  repeat for 10 times.
Dr. Gaurav Bandil
Dentist 8 yrs exp Ghaziabad
If you have lock jaw problem with stress in muscle region of face, neck and superior clavicular region or may be in one region out of them then you have tmj problem & occlusal imbalance and you should go for tmj splint. First get consultation with your nearby dentist.
Dr. Shilpa
Dentist 9 yrs exp Bangalore
u may have a tmj problem if you consult near by dentist then your problem will be solved

Why does my shoulder lock up