Jaw Lock after filling

Dear Doctors, One week back I got my (last teeth in lower left) teeth filled. There is no pain in the teeth as such but after treatment unable to open my mouth fully. It pains a bit while forcefully trying to open mouth. I searched over the net and found that its jaw lock problem happens in rare cases after dental treatment of hours. Could you please suggest some treatment/exercise to get back to normal? Usually how long does it takes to get complete recovery?
views-icons 133 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Jaw Lock after filling

It could be trismus, mild difficulty in opening mouth.doubt lock jaw could happen unless you already had it previously.see the dentist who treated you.he will be able to help you
Hi.. Usually it should happen even if you open mouth widely during or after dental treatment. You must be having an existing TMJ disorder. Get it checked with the specialist. It can get worse later. However for time being you can take Myospaz forte twice daily for five days. Remember medication is only temporary solution for it. Visit a TMJ specialist ASAP. Regards
Dr. Pranay Bangalore | Dentist
Hello good morning the issue mentioned by you does happen if mouth is opened for a prolonged time period during dental treatment. For your locked jaw kindly take flexon MR 1-0-1 for 3 days. Try to open your mouth slowly more and more even if you are experiencing pain. Take care