Insufficient breast milk

My baby is 25days old. I am feeling like my breast milk is insufficient for him. Anyways we are using formula milk too. But I am not happy with it. I want to feed my baby. He is crying after feeding session and wen given a bottle, he is sleeping.
views-icons 130 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Insufficient breast milk

Dr. Rahul Varma
12 yrs. of exp | Ghaziabad | Pediatrician

INR 300 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
RELAX. And be happy. Congratulations on arrival of your little angel. Remember 2 things: if baby is sucking well on breast and passing urine more than 8-10 times on your feed only, it means your milk is sufficient for your baby's requirement. More than 90% of the time baby will calm down, if u take the child in your lap and roam around. As of now baby has only one pleasurable activity; that is sucking. So even after feeding properly from breast baby may continue to feed, if bottle is offered. Discuss with your child specialist/pediatrician in detail. He/she will explain to u in detail . ( it is practically impossible to tell everything in detail online).
Dr. Sasidharan
13 yrs. of exp | Hyderabad | Pediatrician
Continue with exclusive breastfeed for the child madam. Breast milk production is a never ending process. The more you feed the more milk you tend to produce. Don't get panicked. No diet restriction for the mother Regards .