Injury to the left knee

Recently met with an accident. The scooter fell on my knee it's been 10 days to today and now pain is reduced but I feel acute pain near the joint when I place my heel on the floor so I put my toes first and then the heel. one more problem I am facing is I can't bend my knee completely like during squatting...I would be left with 3 inches of gap.And when I completely straighten my knee I feel pain below the knee cap.

Doctor Answers (5) on Injury to the left knee

Dr. Anuradha Sharma Noida | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
MRI must to see exactly what happens
Dr. J. P. Singh Delhi | Orthopedist
You can have injured some soft tissue inside the joint due to which the pain is persistent. In minor injuries, pain usually reduces significantly in about 5-7 days. Even now you can't move your knee freely, so I suggest that you should visit an Orthopedic clinic where you can get your knee assessed for a complete examination
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the knee against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Prone knee bending
Dr. Prashant Singh Noida | Physiotherapist
Visit to your nearby physiotherapy centre and get treated for pain and swelling of the knee. Also, Some exercises will be prescribed which you need to do on a regular basis.
Physiotherapy and exercises.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...... Strengthening the muscles around your knee will make it more stable.... Arch supports, sometimes with wedges on one side of the heel, can help to shift pressure away from the side of the knee most affected by osteoarthritis. In certain conditions, different types of braces may be used to help protect and support the knee joint.... Consult orthopedician for further treatment.....