Inflamed looking foliate papillae
Respected dr o have the following issue I am a 29 year old male, who has an inflamed looking foliate papillae on both side of the tongue towards the back, it has been like this for more than Four weeks now. It has not gotten better or worse, pretty much looks the same. It creates this feeling of something stuck in the back of my throat,  When I wake up in the morning the feeling of something stuck in the throat is less obvious. But as the day progresses, the feeling is more obvious. I think it is because of the enlarged foliate papillae rubbing the back of the tongue I do not have pain at all, but sometimes there is this burning sensation. The area looks the same for the past three weeks, and it did not change in appearance or size.

This is one of the signs of GERD... But nothing to worry.... Stop using a tongue cleaner Or a brush to clean your tongue... Start taking an antacid regularly... You will see improvement within 15 days.

This is acid reflux and GERD
Consult online for proper history and treatment
Drink 3 litres of water in a day Avoid oily and spicy food
It could be acid reflux, allergy or vitamin deficiency. I need a more detailed history to advise further
suggest detailed online consultation as of now and in-person with an ENT post lockdown
It is most likely due to acid reflux avoid late night dinners Avoid spicy food in dinners Have a pleasant gentle brisk walk for 30mins post lunch n dinner I prefer online consultation so as for detailed history
follow these steps let's wait for 2-3 days