Inflamation in ankle
I have inflammation and pains near ankle on the right leg. After MRI and blood tests doctors found that it is because of tendenosis, uric acid(7.1) and vitamins d3 n b12 deficiency. After starting the required treatment the same problem was replicated on the left leg. After overall 2 months there is no improvement.help

Dr. Tanoy Bose
Internal Medicine 14 yrs exp Kolkata
It may be due to reactive arthritis which often occurs after a bit of infection either of throat, gut, urine or viral. If it does not respond to 2 months of therapy which I think considered pain killers or NSAIDs, one should be put on Sulfasalazine tablets. Well, you must consult a rheumatologist before starting the drug. Further, u may get a Ultrasound guided steroid injection in the tension for one time relief. I would like you to Google the term, ENTHESITIS.