1. Expression kills depression.
Talk to your loved ones, share as much as you can, and if you don't have anyone talk to yourself, and if you can't even do that, talk to any God in whom you have faith.
2. Be busy be happy.
Depression needs time to survive, if you make yourself busy enough not even to spare any second, depression would cease to exist.
Use internet and entertainment to pass any extra time. (Avoid social media though)
3. 5 am to 7 am cure.
Reserve hundred minutes each morning and spend them systematically, 20 minutes for meditation, 30 minutes broad walking, 20 minutes exercise, 30 minutes breathing exercises (pranayama), nothing can beat this if you adopt to it.
4. Medicines do magic on depression.
Excellent medicines with minimal side effects are available for depression and anxiety.
All you need is to be bold enough to visit a neurologist, or a psychiatrist, if you can't get support from family, book an appointment and go alone.
5. Clear the environment around you.
Stay in cleanliness, eliminate negative people from your life, wear neatly ironed clothes and accessories, don't watch any negative shows, news, and movies.
1. Yoga and Meditation can help cope with Anxiety. Simultaneously learn deep breathing techniques. You might think these techniques are âold schoolâ or âuncoolâ but please practise these techniques regularly and with discipline, and we assure you it will help you significantly.
2. Mindfulness - Mindfulness is the practise of being present in the moment. It is the practise of observing what your feelings are and accepting them without judgement. For example, when you are feeling anxious - mindfulness is the process of noticing and accepting the anxiousness. Make this a habit and it will help you relax.
3. Getting involved in Social Work is helpful as it connects you to people, helps you to develop self-esteem and breaks the chain of stressful thoughts. It will also help you get more perspective and realise how fortunate you are - it will help you feel more positive and help you get rid of negativity.
4. Soothing Music can also help lower anxiety levels, and so can watching Comedy Shows.
5. While Social media helps you connect with people, late nights spent on Social media deprive you of sleep which may raise anxiety levels. Constantly checking social media for âLikesâ or for âLast seenâ can also have a significant effect on Anxiety. So ensure that you are disciplined enough to keep a watch on the same.
6. Train your mind to cope with unnecessary anxiety. Develop a positive attitude and accept that your achievements will at times lag behind your ambitions.
7. Work to get quick wins - Look to improve on yourself 1% a day, everyday and while there will be ups and downs in the journey - you will soon be a much better and confident version of yourself.
8. Find your calling - Find your passion and your calling and be completely invested in it - you are much more likely to find excellence and then success will come calling (A very powerful quote from our favourite Rancho from 3 idiots). You will feel much happier and confident when you are the best and the most successful version of you.
9. Getting regular and sound sleep, eating a balanced diet, connecting with people (as opposed to staying isolated) can help in managing anxiety.
10. Adding supplements to your diet can help reduce anxiety. Some useful supplements are Green Tea, Chamomile Tea, Kava Kava, Ashwagandha, Vitamin
B6, Omega-3, Iron. Reduction of alcohol and caffeine consumption is also helpful.
11. If nothing else works well enough, consult a doctor for counselling / medications. But medications can cause serious side effects â use them only for short term.