Implant for missing Tooth

I have a missing Jaw tooth which needs either an implant or Bridge. kindly suggest me the pros and cons of implant and bridge. If you could tell the rough cost for implant and bridge procedure that would be helpful.

Doctor Answers (9) on Implant for missing Tooth

Replacement of tooth by implant is best for your age , but how long has been  the tooth  missing and the underlying bone condition matters ..
Hello...Implant is the best option available in recent period of time as it does not require support of adjacent teeth but cost is comparatively expensive than bridge.Impant placement requires adequate level of bone.Visit nearby dentist for clinical examination and treatment .
Hello implant is the better choice .. because it is more conservative as we do not have to grind your two adjacent teeth as we have to do for bridge..if you are not having diabetes , hypertension and you are not a chronic smoker.. maintaining a good oral hygiene then you are an ideal candidate for implant..implant would cost you between 35 to 45k..as for the bridge it depends on which material you select pfm or zirconia..tc..
Hi..a good implant would cost around 38k-45k. Kindly don't go for cheap quality low price Chinese implants because they don't last long. Always go for UK, swiss or Korean implants. Bridge is also good technique but implant is preferred for patients aged below 45 years. But your dentist is the best person to advise you best solution. You can visit us on Practo to know more. Regards
Dr. Sanjay Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
I have been doing bridges since 30 years and implants since 15..  I have found both the modalities of treatment successful in my practice..  Implants are a good option in that u don't need to take support of adjacent teeth..  But implant may fail if not done properly or bone integration does not happen..  I generally avoid all extraction when possible and save even broken teeth with modern techniques so as not to need a bridge or an implant..  Because ur own tooth is ur best implant..  Cost wise impact may be more expensive than a bridge..  depending on the type of implant or the type of bridge. Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre anytime. God bless u.
Implant is the best option. Advantages are not destroying the adjacent healthy teeth,long term stay.Disadvantages are bone acceptance is confirmed only after 4-6months,importance of oral hygiene,post operative infections
Implant is far better option as compared with bridge . bridge will compromise your healthy teeth and also in long term you will face problems like food lodgement. Whereas implant will maintain your bone health where the tooth was lost .
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
Implants are the newer alternative to replace missing tooth or teeth. Cons of implants are it requires a healing period of more then 3 months, cost of the procedure, risk of infection as with any surgery. Its always the long-term benefit of an implant with a short term gain with the bridge.
Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hi there ...at this age, implant is always the better option than bridge...as bridge require cutting of the adjacent teeth as well where as in implants there is no such cutting ... Implants are expensive but healthier option to go with. Take care ...!!