I want to quit tabacoo

I chew tabaco 10-15 times a day. I want to quit it please help. And also my tooth are getting dark. Please help.

Doctor Answers (5) on I want to quit tabacoo

I highly appreciate your thought of quitting the habit. I would advise you to stop taking it completely. Reducing it day by day won't help. I don't even believe in the replacement therapies, because I feel its just the same thing (tobacco) in different form and packing. Withdrawal symptoms will occur but you need to be strong at heart and mind, and consult a dentist or a tobacco cessation centre to keep you motivated. And for color change and darkening of teeth, you need to go professional cleaning, i.e. scaling. I hope that you quit the habit soon. Good luck!
Hello, You have made the right choice of cessating the bad habit.Take help from your doctor on how to go about the procedure.Nicotex is a good alternative but a particular regime needs to be followed,for which you need the doctors help.All the best. Regards Dr Suman Makam
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
If you really want to quit this habit, the first thing that you need is to make up your mind and have a strong mental determination...... according to my knowledge and experience, you need to act on it stat, because tapering down the dose can take a long time and can actually lead to reversal to the habit..... the withdrawal symptoms associated with tobacco are only psychological and if you have a strong frame of mind, you will not have a problem in dealing with them.....the blackening of the teeth can be corrected by a procedure called as scaling...... you can contact your dentist regarding the same....
Regards.....
Hi As far as my professional experience goes you cannot leave it immediately . You can get withdrawal symptoms. You should gradually taper it . If you are chewing 15 times a day you should step down to 14 times for a week. Then 13 in next week. So on and so forth. I have got many people to quit this way. Teeth blackening should be seen by dentist in person Regards
Tobacco only can be quit by self effort and motivation. Your doctor can help in that. You can visit at any tobacco cessation clinic near by or to our centre. Tobacco replacement chewing gums are available in the market like nicotex.