I pain in my right knee

I experience pain in my right knee during sleep in the night. I can't fold my knee when the pain happens. I experience this once or twice a week.

Dr. Sharath Kumar
Rheumatologist 15 yrs exp Delhi

hi dr neeraj isright vitamin D deficiency as well as other problems can cause a bit of the pain.  however given the fact that you just 34 years old and the fact that pain is more in the night an inflammatory cause of knee pain needs to be ruled out. To be sure that you do not have any informatory Arthritis  you need to meet a Rheumatologist.  he will be able to examine you and confirm that there is no inflammatory Arthritis.  Once inflammatory Arthritis is ruled out then you have nothing to worry about and we can just continue with the vitamin d supplemenation. you can also get more information regarding inflammatory Arthritis from my website www.rheumatologybangalore.com
Dr. Neeraj R Bijlani
Spine Surgeon 13 yrs exp Mumbai

Usually at your age this kind of pain could be  associated with the following if you had history of fall or injury then this is the most common cause and you need to see a doctor you may have some vitamin d deficiency so may need to get tested for that tips to avoid knee pain are the following avoid sitting on the ground or crosslegged keep a small pillow below your knees before sleeping if still not getting relived with the above tips please see orthopaedic doctor as soon as possible