I have a dry skin

Dry skin from birth and now I'm getting more rashes...dryness has increased...before I was applying coconut oil...but then I got some redness in my underarms /elbow folds. So I consulted a doctor and he gave me medicines for the redness and told me to apply parraffin oil. But as these oil was very thick and wearing a tight trouser I got irritation and itchy in my legs and so I stopped this oil and currently I'm using Secalia lotion. Please advise what lotion/moustirizer will be best for me to keep the dryness away and keep my skin mousturized...is there anything I need to change my eating habits or exercise/yoga to keep my dryness of skin away...Please help doctor

Doctor Answers (1) on I have a dry skin

Dr. Syed Rahil Hyderabad | Dermatologist
Greetings! Thanks for your query. Description of your symptoms is suggestive of either a form of eczema (Atopic dermatitis) or another condition known as "Ichthyosis". Both these conditions cause dry skin. The good news is there are products available to improve your skin and your symptoms. It appears you have been suffering with this problem for long time but I am not sure whether you have seen any Dermatologist. Moisturisers containing urea, salicylic acid and alpha hydroxy acids are very useful for dry skin. The most important factor to get maximum benefit is regular applications of there medications several times a day and within few minutes after you have a shower or washed your body.
Please visit a Dermatologist for evaluation and treatment of your condition.