Hyper Obese

A B C 4 4 4 Hi, I just want to reduce weight somehow but because of college and studies, I am not getting enough time, plus I am extremely lazy. I have become hyper obese and putting on more weight with the course of time. I am extremely depressed because of my situation,I want to do something about it. I feel helpless and terrible. My current weight is 98kgs. I am extremely lazy to do anything, and I feel sleepy all the time. And I am very much depressed! I know the right thing to do is exercise and changing food habits, but I just can't. Even if I start doing that,I become disappointed and unmotivated within a week. I don't see any results, so I give up.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hyper Obese

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losingt too mich suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do...consult dietitian they will do the needful.