How long peridontal pains

I am having peridontal problem in my upper right and lower left jaw spanning across 4 teeth. I am soon planning to visit specialist for treatment as I feel my gums are receding very quickly. And gum thickness also loosing quick recently. But i can't take off from my work during or post treatment, so just wanted to know generally how many sitting/visit will be required for treatment, and how long pain induced due to treatment last, will I be able work next day post treatment with help of any medicine I can request for to doctor I visit. Thanks
views-icons 34 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (7) on How long peridontal pains

Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
hello, the number of sittings required for the treatment depends on the extent of your problem,treatment procedure, the doctor and your comfort. pain and swelling can be controlled by intake of antibiotics and painkillers. usually, patients are able to get back to work the next day itself.
Hi, Please visit a periodontist or gum specialist after taking out a full mouth xray called OPG & he will tell you the treatment plan. If gum surgery is required he will maybe divide into two sittings as one side is upper right & other lower left .You can resume work immediately as he will prescribe medicines after surgery.Gum surgery is not a painful procedure.
Hi Gum surgeries are not painful , it's done under local anaesthetic. You can resume work the next day. Only dietary restriction will be advocated Regards
No holiday required for this treatment. Go ahead and get it done before things get worse.
As you said the periodontal problem is in two quadrant i.e. Upper right and lower left side.  It will at least take two appointments,  though clinical and radiographic investigation by a dentist is required to plan exact treatment.  Usually there is no need to take off from office next day. Dentist will give you instructions and required medicine to minimize your post operative discomfort.
Hello, The procedure of flap surgery with/without laser debridement of the gums/root surfaces usually is done in about 4 sittings.There is no need to take off from work as it is generally painless and done under local anaesthesia.Dont worry,good luck.Regards,Dr Sumanmakam,Dental arts,jayanagar,Bangalore
Generally the treatment comprises of phases of treatment, In phase 1 Deep Cleaning is done  after which you can carry out ALL the things normally, After A week you shall be reviewed & decision on whether further treatment is required will be taken. It takes almost 2 to 6 appointments  depending on the severity of your condition.you DONT NEED to take OFF for the Treatment or post Treatment... There would be  little or no pain after Treatment it would be like a discomfort rather. - Dr Shashank Vijapure MDS (Gum Disease Specialist)