Peridontal Abscess
My tooth was broken and had to be root Canaled.it had been 7-8 years now I'm experiencing the pain and I went to a local clinic and was suggested to take antibiotics and also said I had to undergo a surgery. My question is is it possible to treat without surgery. Can we perform root canal on the previously Canaled teeth!?

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi.. there is possibility of reinfection in root canal treated tooth. Source of infection could be either periapical or periodontal. A good doctor should try to solve first by doing re- root canal by giving good dressing with metapex followed by obturation if infection disappears. Sometimes even after doing this prognosis will be poor and tooth might require surgery or in worst case extraction. Visit a endodontist for best treatment. Regards
Dr. Nilofer Hossain
Dentist 12 yrs exp Noida
Yes of course a re root canal treatment can be done.. only that a medicament have to be placed inside the canals before obturation(filling of canals),to heal the existing infection.