Hole in eardrum

Hi sir Recently I had visited an ent specialist because of a little disturbance in my left ear so doctor asked me to get an xray after seeing my xray he told me that I had a hole in eardrum and prescribed me ear drops and tablets , he told me that problem will be cleared by using medicines and asked me to come after 7 days but due to some personal reasons I didn't go to the doctor, here my questions are 1. Problem is still existing for me , if I delay to go to the doctor will it become worse? 2. When I googled for this problem a small surgery is done to patch the hole ,is this compulsory to get rid of that very slight disturbance or if there are any medicines to get rid of the problem Thanks Rajesh

Doctor Answers (1) on Hole in eardrum

Dr. Sandeep Dachuri Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
X ray cannot tell whether you have a hole in the ear or not. Some one has to see it either with a head light or microscope or otoscope. We don't know what's the exact problem in your ear. So get a ENT SURGEONS consultation and get it evaluated