Hoarseness of voice
I am suffering from repeated hoarseness of voice ... previously it was occurring after constant speaking for few days... but recently it occurs only if I speak for few hours and is very disturbing. At the end of the day I am so tired of it that I stop speaking with my family and kids... I get much strain while speaking... my voice get stretch while speaking... I m also suffering from hyperthyroidism. ... plz any one let me know what measures I should take in order to get relief grom it...

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...hoarseness of voice could be due to inflammation of the vocal cords, which can occur after prolonged speaking or when you speak woth high pitch voice. Also sometimes there might be other inherent pathology involving vocal cord. since you are suffering from hyperthyroidism, that also can affect your vocal cords leading to hoarseness of voice. So kindly consult a ENT specialist with your thyroid reports for further evaluation.