Hip Snapping I.T Band

Hi, I'm suffering from knee pain for 10 years, Since one Year I'm taking physioteraphy. My hip joint is snapping while climbing stairs, there is slightly pain, main problem is my IT band pain at knee. I keep on doing stretching and strengthing exercise. But i can't find it help full. Is there any surgery required for my problem.

Doctor Answers (6) on Hip Snapping I.T Band

Pankaj Agrawal Ahmedabad | Orthopedic Surgeon
Dear friend it band is a connection between hip and knee. It band if tight can lead to 1. Lateral patellofemoral pain and increased stress on lateral Pf compartment area.simply speaking tight it band can lead to severe lateral knee pain.it is completely curable condition.if not improved on physio then you should get opinion of knee reconstruction surgeon in your area.he will assess and tell you about your condition and stage.if there is patella tilting or tlght it band it can be cured with day care arthroscopy surgery without incision by telescope.wish for your early recovery ..regards shoulder and knee reconstruction surgeon Ahmedabad.
Dr. Yogitaa Mandhyaan Kolkata | Physiotherapist
If you have been taking physiotherapy then its good,you can try dry needling for IT band and knee pain...it should help after that you need to do proper stretching and strengthening exercises for the knee joint.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Advice... Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).
Dr. Rahul Gulve (PT) Hyderabad | Physiotherapist
First get Ur Knee joint MRI. If you are suffering from 10 years, I think now ur knee joint degenerated. According to the MRI report we need to decide. Which is better for you know!
Long standing pains distrub the body alignment. It's very important to take accurate action! (it should not distrub the other joints, betterto go for surgery)
Dr. Rahul chepuri Hyderabad | Clinical Physiotherapist
Hi .There ! There are many factors causing problems in IT band . One is how you are walking that means your style of walking how your foot is grounding during walking , and any faults in foot mechanics ...so try change in walking patterns in front of mirror what we call medically is gait training ! For even more accurate gait training please consult take help a nearest physical therapist! Hope you got it thanks!
Dr. Kishor Reddy-PT Hyderabad | Physiotherapist
No need for surgery.Try to continue same as your doing