HIgh Myopia

I am having a myopic condition since birth, I want to get rid of my contacts and glasses, I feel very dependent and want to live a normal life. Please suggest which is the best way to resolved this. I am confused.
views-icons 39 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on HIgh Myopia

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello...best option is lasik laser....which is very simple procedure. But before undergoing lasik there are few testd which need to be done like pentacam test for corneal topography and thicknrss...schirmer test to rule out dryness and retinal examination. If these are normal..go for lasik ....if these are not normal ..dont get disheartened..there is another option of phakic contact lens...i hope this will help
Dr. Ravi Thadani Delhi | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
You should go for Lasik. la Lasiksik is laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis it is most common eye procedure done now a days for correction of refractive error (i. E glass removal. It uses laser for computerized micro changes inside cornea correcting your number. The procedure is highly advanced with use of high precision lasers and takes around 20-30 min. To complete the procedure. Its very safe and effective. The number can be completely removed with it. But you should fulfill the criteria before going for lasik. To know it, visit us at http://ravieyefoundation.in/Site2/services.html