High canine

My canine is placed really high. I'm afraid that braces will make me look shabby so I am looking for an alternative. And also how much time it will take to fix my high canine tooth? Is there any quick procedure? And how much will the treatment cost?

Doctor Answers (3) on High canine

Hi, you definitely need orthodontic correction, you can either opt for tooth colored brackets or lingual (inner side of tooth) brackets. Duration of treatment vary from 1 yr or 2.
Dr. Prashanth .V Chennai | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
Hi , Deffinatelt u ll need a orthodontic treatment for correction of your highly placed canine . Treatment duration may vary from 8 months to 2 years . Since u don't want ur races to be seen outside there are other options like lingual braces ( braces placed inside surface of teeth ) , ceramic braces ,invisible braces . Prices will range from clinic to clinic . But genrally will cost around 75k to 1.5 lakhs.
Dr. Avinash B. S Mysore | Periodontist
Hi,
You will definitely require orthodontic treatment(braces). The treatment duration will be between 8 months to 18 months.
Since you feel that you will not look good with braces I am giving you some alternate treatment options but it will be expensive compared to the regular braces treatment.

1. You can go for Lingual braces, where the braces are placed on inner surfaces of the teeth and will not be visible from front. Cost will be about Rs.80000 to 1.5 lakh.

2. Invisible braces. These will a set of appliances which you need to wear as per your dentist 's advise. Cost will be about 1 lakh.

3. Ceramic braces. These are tooth colored braces. It will not look very obvious as the metal braces