Height growth,physique

Hi I am 19 years old boy about to be 20 in April. Can u guide me through some tips so that I can increase my height by 4-5 inches as I want to make a career in field of basketball. Please help me with my issue. My height is 5"9.

Doctor Answers (1) on Height growth,physique

Dr. Jaya Dewani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Most of the Boys usually gain height till the age of 18 years and very few gain height till 21 years. Full grown beard and moustache is a sign maturity. It present then the chances of gaining height are very less. Another way of confirming that one can increase height by studying the x ready of wrist joint. But still you can follow few dietary tips to increase the height 1) 3 complete home made meals. Many sure that each meal contains one or two protein sources like dals, pulses, sprouts, curds, eggs, non veg 2) drink half a litre of milk and one or two egg whites a day 3) daily consume food amount of nuts like ground nut, almond, cashew nut, walnuts 4) low haemoglobin levels, low b12 vitamin D and zinc level can hinder in height gain. If lie consult a physician and rectify the levels 5) intake of sweets, sugar, junk food and bakery foods can hinder height gain 6) core exercises on regular basis improves height gain