Height growth,physique

Hi I am 19 years old boy about to be 20 in April. Can u guide me through some tips so that I can increase my height by 4-5 inches as I want to make a career in field of basketball. Please help me with my issue. My height is 5"9.

Dr. Jaya Dewani
Dietitian/Nutritionist 16 yrs exp Pune
Most of the Boys usually gain height till the age of 18 years and very few gain height till 21 years. Full grown beard and moustache is a sign maturity. It present then the chances of gaining height are very less. Another way of confirming that one can increase height by studying the x ready of wrist joint. But still you can follow few dietary tips to increase the height 1) 3 complete home made meals. Many sure that each meal contains one or two protein sources like dals, pulses, sprouts, curds, eggs, non veg 2) drink half a litre of milk and one or two egg whites a day 3) daily consume food amount of nuts like ground nut, almond, cashew nut, walnuts 4) low haemoglobin levels, low b12 vitamin D and zinc level can hinder in height gain. If lie consult a physician and rectify the levels 5) intake of sweets, sugar, junk food and bakery foods can hinder height gain 6) core exercises on regular basis improves height gain