Hearing Loss

Sir I'm 23 years old suffering from hearing loss since 15 years Im having 60db right and 62db loss left ear Also, have tinnitus problem since 5 years.. At present, im using hearing aids in both the ears which helps me to hear upto 85% as  normal person. But is there any treatment avaiable so i can hear without aids?
views-icons 198 Views 1 Share Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

further treatment of your condition depends on what type of hearing loss you are suffering from. if its conductive type of hearing loss then surgery can be a option.. this type of hearing loss occurs in hole in your ear drum, disruption of bones in middle ear, fixation of bones known as otosclerosis. if your hearing loss is sensory neural or mixed type then hearing aid is the only option and cochlear implant is not indicated at this level of hearing loss..only other thing can be bone anchored hearing aids which again are more expensive and needed only in severe cases