Haemoglobin
Hi.. Iam currently 25weeks pregnant.. My haemoglobin level is always on lower side.. I had iron injection at 22nd week of my pregnancy since my level at that time was 8.3.. Now again i took hb test the value has not increased (8.8 now).. I was diagnosed with thalessanimia in first pregnancy. Now i took complete blood count tests which my values are not within the levels.. Iam worried on seeing that.. What is the problem with me..? Will it affect my pregnancy and baby? How to increase my hb level.. Please help me.. Attaching my reports.

First of all if you have been diagnosed with thalassemia, you should not have been given iron injection. If you have thalassemia trait, get the husband's electrophoresis done. If it's normal, nothing to worry. If your husband is also thalassemia trait positive then 1:4 chance is that the baby will have the disease. For building haemoglobin you would require blood transfusion not iron infusion.

Hello, I'm Dr.Tanvi here, as per your CBC reports you got Iron deficiency Anemia your blood values are deranged and looking to your past history it is a matter of concern for you and the baby right now. I would like to know if you are under any other medication, any history of diabetes and hypertensiin raised BP and are there symptoms like gradual rise of heart rate, uneasiness in breathing during walking or rest, while weakness and fatigue can be due to pregnancy.
I would recommend you to take few more tests 1. Thyroid profile 2. Hb electrophoresis I would also recommend for 1. Blood Transfusion with desferrioxamine. we need to maintain your haemoglobin to 10mg/dl 2. Multivitamin daily 3. Calcium daily 4. Vit D (Tab D60 once a week) 5. Folic acid with Vit B12 And if at any moment, you are not able to perceive fetal movements or any bleeding per vaginum visit your gynaecologist immediately.
1. strictly avoid alcohol intake and smoking (if intake positive) 2. after blood transfusion we would Re-run the blood tests for further assessment. 3. follow a healthy diet